Saturday, March 31, 2012

MS Life

Sometimes I think people forget what MS really is and what it can do to a person. Please always pass along when you have someone wonder because its what you don't know that causes unfair judgements.
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/what-we-know-about-ms/faqs-about-ms/index.aspx

I am always amazed when I am tired, or sore, or have pain and people look at me like that can't be possible... really? All the prescriptions I take work... yes, but only to a point! And some work because others I take cause issues. Nothing like needing to take something to help me stay awake because on top of MS fatigue, I also take medication for my legs that also causes tiredness! Great! Love it!

I have to watch everything- some medications actually CAUSE headaches- seriously... I suffer from migraines! Why would I ever want to take anything that could cause headaches... yep, that's a day in the life of MS...
So yeah you may not see a person with a cane, walker, or a wheelchair, but that doesn't mean that every step they take isn't painful or forced. Sometimes when you see some one in line at the store taking a little more time than you would like, take a deep breathe and remember... no one wears whats wrong with them on the inside on the outside... many try very hard to always wear a smile and walk that extra mile to be strong!


No comments:

Post a Comment