Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tough road ahead

True I know that I am one of the "lucky" people. I know that currently I am standing tall and doing what most people with MS only dream about- LIVING LARGE! I know that sounds rude, but in the grand scheme of things that's not that far fetched. Most MS "people" post stories of live changes that ultimatily end with... and I am at home now.... Nope... not me! Yes, I had to change careers, something that was NOT easy. BUT in the process I took stock in my life and went back to school. Yes, I was making good money. My children were (and are) well cared for, but being able to SEE is important and never knowing when that ability may go away again is something I could not risk it. So walking away was the only option. That started a new road, new career, new everything.
Looking back, its been filled with a little of everything! Who knew when the Dr said "MS" he was really saying BS, MBA... yes! That is what his diagnosis really meant. I left denistry, went into the "business" world, and with it went back to school. So while I know that I still have a tough road ahead I also know in my heart the toughest days will be YEARS away!
The love of my hubby and kids has driven me to take the roads I am not sure I would have... but I am driven... and will continue down them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment