Monday, March 5, 2018

Allergies, MS- What's next?

Going to the Dr is a pain in the butt for any reason. Add having to list off the names of medications you take (and spell them), it becomes a 3 ring circus. What is that for? I have never heard of that? What is the dose? And my personal favorite- I can't find that in the system, could it be something different? I literally have a piece of paper that has my 7 prescriptions (and 2 as needed) written down. Then I have a drawer of "just in case" meds. Yes, that is truly a life of "Behind the Scenes". Every time something comes I fear the looks, the questions, the judgment. But I have been rather fortunate. Maybe its my attitude. I know shocker- right? I am quick to defer to the Dr anytime they want to recommend something. Case in point, my continued struggles with my chest, cough, sinuses. Going on week 5, following Dr.'s orders my husband woke me up after a night of pretty much no sleep, (at that point I had slept 30 minutes), to go get a chest x-ray. With pneumonia ruled out (thank God) the focus went back to my allergies. I swear, as the years have gone by I have become more and more sensitive to things, foods, pollen, etc. Having been to the allergy doctor and lit up like the 4th of July during testing, I really didn't want to just jump into shots. But after this past several weeks of misery, I'm over it. I just really hope that it will make a difference because I am not going to go through that only to be miserable. Wondering if I should call and just bite the bullet and start now? Or wait my "follow up" appointment at the end of the month and let them know, the meds were a total failure, I ended up at the Minute Clinic twice, and Urgent care once and a total of 7 prescriptions (1 the first visit, 2 the second, and 4 the 3rd) later, I am finally able to go the morning without a box of tissues or need a cough drop (or cough up phlegm- sorry). So while my cough syrup tastes like some sort of butterscotch rum "shot" mixture (glad I didn't go with the codeine one!!) I am glad I can work and not have people look at me as though HAZMAT might need to pay me a visit. -Maybe they should just to be on the safe side. Trust me I have sprayed enough Lysol at work that I am pretty sure I have napalmed every germ from here back to Pinellas. Can't be too careful. I guess my biggest issue is the shots... I was SO happy when I was able to stop taking shots for my MS. With muscle atrophy in my arms and legs, I am NOT looking forward to this. So yeah... For the record- I do NOT want anything NEXT! Well maybe to lost 10 pounds, but only if its healthy, I don't need to lose a 10lbs tumor and have that scare hang over me. Plus, I have enough scars! Unless I get a tummy tuck out of the deal- FORGET IT!! Hope you enjoy the little glances "Behind the scenes of MS" it isn't always pretty, but it's LIVING! And that's most important! Leave a comment, let me know your thoughts, experiences and what you have done to "get through"... Keep on being a warrior!

No comments:

Post a Comment