Saturday, June 2, 2012

Exercising- WHO ME?

 I always promise (myself) each year this will be the year. My son is turning 16! Crude that means I have been officially overweight for 16 years. My daughter was born 10 years ago. I was diagnosed with MS seven years ago. Yes, I know my numbers! Why? Well for one, it's important for me to keep track WHILE I can. That is part of why I started blogging to be honest. So I could look back and say "oh that's what happened" when I may not remember, and I also wanted to share my journey through the world of MS (Multiple Sclerosis) for many people who think I am simply refusing to let the world know if I am married... (MS is not about that.. nope... sorry). So all that said- I gained way beyond the amount of weight with Erik (bed rest did not help). Depression and lack of support from his father did not help afterwards, so I was not able to just bounce right back. Dang! Then time... I moved, got married... and miss Elizabeth came along. While I had TONS of support this time around I was LUCKY and did not gain as much weight, I still didn't need to gain alot to already be overweight... Start big, end big! Her "weight" didn't just melt off either. :(  A little less than 3 years later and I woke up in the cloud- you can read all about that in previous posts. So talk about depression! WOW! What about my career... I need my eyes to work on patients... so a career change later and yep you guessed it, I'm still overweight. Now I have a new struggle. The girl that played everything, ran, loved to swim, did everything that involved dirt, overheats beyond easily without even knowing it.  GREAT! So much for a "plan". Love walks, but how do I just take off- get stranded somewhere and end up calling 911- GREAT! Bike rides? Only if I stay close to home, where is the fun in that? Go to the gym!!! YES! Machines, elliptical, treadmills, it will be good, right? Why do people get the idea that if you aren't sweating you aren't working out? People let's not try to kill me!!! YOGA! Tai Chi-Okay! -But everyone wants you to pay a bazillion dollars on top of a "club membership" what gives?  I just want to LOOSE my belly, hips, butt, thighs, and giggly arms.... without loosing my mind! Didn't think that was too much to ask!!! I guess I should be grateful I can complain at this point, I know so many of my MS buddies are facing issues like... I wish I could feel my legs, I wish I knew how to stand up... so yes, I am very lucky! But I am HOPING that by loosing my weight and staying healthy- THOSE questions will be decades away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment